I have been glued to TV news coverage of the massive tornado which ripped apart Moore Oklahoma yesterday so all of my coverage at least a day late. Reports indicate at least 51 casualties but that number will most likely change as today’s aftermath story unfolds. This was at least a category F4 storm, but from the looks of the catastrophic damage, I am wondering if it was an F5. Winds reached over 200 mph and the core of the storm was at least a half mile wide. It stayed on the ground for nearly an hour. We are not out of the woods yet for ferocious tornado and storm weather. Yesterday storm alerts were lit up from Texas to the Great Lakes on US weather maps. Follow breaking weather updates here.
I am updating this page all week.
- More On The Oklahoma Tornado (larryferlazzo.edublogs.org)
- Massive Tornado Hits Oklahoma (voanews.com)
- Moore, Oklahoma tornado May 20, 2013 (earthsky.org)
- Family of four die, including their baby, in Oklahoma disaster as tornado victims relive their stories of heartbreak and heroism: As many as 91 people, including at least 20 children, have been confirmed dead, including seven at Plaza Towers Elementary Sc (iamnotashamedofthegospelofchrist.com)
- Oklahoma tornado: Dozens killed in Moore (jasontheshark.wordpress.com)
- Ten haunting photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado (fox6now.com)
- Carrie Underwood, Toby Keith, Other Country Stars React to Deadly Tornadoes Leveling Towns Throughout Oklahoma (roughstock.com)
- Celebrities Respond to Oklahoma Tornado on Twitter, Pray For Victims, Urge Donations (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Sen. Jim Inhofe discusses tornadoes that hit in Moore, Oklahoma (startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com)