12 Killed, 15 Wounded in Massacre at Navy Sea Systems Command Center Building 197 Washington DC

9.16.13 UPDATE:

#CNN has reported the lone shooting suspect [?] is deceased is 34 year old Aaron Alexis of Fort Worth Texas. He was Identified by a matching photo ID which was found on his body.  He was apparently a Navy Yard military contractor.  Aaron Alexis entered Navy Yard using someone’s else’s ID.  Updates will be posted as emerging facts are corroborated on this story.

Watch Live  Breaking News Coverage Video

Live Updates via Bloomberg TV

“Hours after the rampage began, it was still unclear whether the shooting was the act of a lone gunman, or if other shooters were involved. Lanier initially said authorities were looking for two more potential shooters dressed in military style clothing. But shortly after she announced a detailed description of two suspects, city officials said one had been located and cleared.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/police-search-for-active-shooter-on-grounds-of-washington-navy-yard-in-southeast-dc/2013/09/16/b1d72b9a-1ecb-11e3-b7d1-7153ad47b549_story.html

Family members of Navy Yard employees can contact the Warfighter and Family Support Center at 202-433-6151 or 202-433-9713.

https://i2.wp.com/a.abcnews.com/images/US/GTY_dc_navy_yard_shooting_02_jef_130916_16x9_992.jpg

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/09/cbs-nbc-retract-navy-yard-shooter-reports-172737.html

Cited:  “CBS News and NBC News retracted reports about the identification of the Washington Navy Yard shooter on Monday, just minutes after each network reported that the suspect in question was a Navy chief petty officer named Rollie Chance.

CBS’s John Miller reported that Chance was a suspect before 1 p.m. on Monday. NBC News later reported the same information and continued to do so past 1 p.m., even after Miller reported that the initial reports about Chance were wrong.

Finally, at 1:05 p.m., NBC political director Chuck Todd tweeted: “NBC News: we are now NOT reporting name of shooter; retracting that report. deleting those tweets.”

At the time of these reports, the Associated Press was reporting that the deceased gunman had killed several people and wounded at least 10 at Washington’s Navy Yard. Police were searching for two additional suspects.”

Earlier today I reported …

BREAKING:  At least 13 people are now reported dead and 15 wounded due to a mass shooting at 8:30 am this morning at the at building 197 of the  Naval Sea Systems Command headquarters in southeast Washington D.C..  The shooting took place on the forth floor. There were apparently 3 shooters and two of those are still at large, one is now dead.  It has not been made clear where the dead shooter is by suicide or whether he was killed by police. The motive and identities of the shooters are not known at this time. Two suspects remain at large and are being sought be law enforcement. It is believed the two remaining suspects may be wearing military type uniforms.

A MANHUNT is on two remaining suspects at large: White male 40-50 years old, in a tan navy military uniform and beret, black male aged 40-50 years wearing olive green military uniform  5′ 10″ 180 lbs, with grey sideburns, Call in tips to 202-433-9713 or call 1-800-CALL-FBI

https://i2.wp.com/media1.policymic.com/site/articles/63857/1_photo.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130916124818-14-navy-yard-shooting-0916-horizontal-gallery.jpg

https://i2.wp.com/s3.amazonaws.com/inarticles/16a226b97c7e84cdfdf8a36c11fae6a9.jpg

Live updates: Police search for two more possible Navy Yard shooters

See also http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/16/active-shooter-at-washington-navy-yard/?intcmp=latestnews#ixzz2f4qXnGnV

Tags: mass shooting, massacre, navy yard Washington DC, DC navy yard mass shooting, Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters Washington DC, Aaron Alexis

Advertisements