After I first saw this jaw-dropping article out of Australia which was picked up in the states by The New York Post, I decided to see if I could find out more about the personal beliefs of Ray Kurzweil. [ See links to part of what I found at the end of this re-post.]
My over all impression of futurists who believe that humanity can tinker with and make improvements upon the legacy which evolution via intelligent design has given us is that they are operating at a distinct disadvantage, that disadvantage being primarily that they either assume Deity to be irrelevant to the future of humankind, or they ascribe “old human Deity concepts from the past” as being indicative of the improbability of any actual real and present Deity. This is a grave error in judgment.
The most common mistake that truth seekers make when investigating the actuality of Deity is to look to human sources for intelligent information and evidence. There is little. Every sacred scripture every penned by men claiming to be inspired by God has been used by other men to wage endless wars of savagery, unimaginable carnage and ferocious oppression of stated enemies, infidels, women, children and acts of brutality wrought upon the innocent land itself. You won’t find evidence of God in most of the acts of men. It’s an exercise in futility to look there.
Many modern scientists, finding no evidence of God in the actions and behaviors of most men, and lacking the spiritual sight to find evidence of God in nature or astronomy, are thrilled to relegate the entire search to their perception of menial tasks not worthy of their time or trouble, when in fact, just the opposite is true.
What will bring immortality to men and women will NOT be nanotechnology, ever. What NANO-worship will bring is a false superstate of technological global fascism wherein technology will be used to exalt it’s creators and suppress / oppress all dissenters. It’s not rocket science that I see this coming. It’s in plain view already on the horizon of social engineering and international government corruption.
Only God grants true immortal life. Only the truly God-indwelt spiritually alive human being knows and fully understands this fact. There are no shortcuts. There is no way to “cheat” mortal death and attain immortal life outside of the ordained passages into Eternity which have been tried and tested in the greater Cosmos for billions upon billions of years. [ By the way the universe is much older than 14 billion years. Our own local creation is over 400 billion years old. See http://urantia.org for more details. ]
The desire to live perpetually on the physical plane could be likened to desiring to remain in the fourth grade of K12 school forever, because one didn’t know how wonderful the future grades would be and assumed that everything one learned in the fourth grade was all one would ever need to learn. How tragically childish and wrong such a half-philosophy is.
I have several facts I’d like to share. These are for readers and for Ray Kurzweil to ponder, and they exemplify what I am talking about here, proving beyond all shadow of a doubt that he has absolutely no idea of where he is going, what he doing, where he is leading the blind, and the dire implications of where it all might go.
1) The human soul is Divine in nature and cannot be duplicated, replicated, copied, or re-fabricated by any means in the known universe. Only God, the Creator, can endow a mortal being with an incarnate soul.
2) The ascending souls of sentient beings which hail from worlds like our own experience more than 500 complete transmutations of Divine Selfhood as they travel toward Paradise, based upon their expanding comprehension of advanced Divine concepts which are presented to them at each level of attainment. It is utterly and absolutely true that “Comprehension is the passport to Paradise.”
3) Were the human philosophers and scientists of our world ever to attempt to even begin to try to “imitate” this Eternal and far ancient system of universal education, it would take them more than 500 million years to create, and cost more than the gross national product of several thousand inhabited worlds. It is NOT possible to imitate or even partially re-create artificial fabrications of the Divine Education and Spiritualization programs which exist in the known Cosmos.
This is the true meaning of the phrase: “In my Father’s House there are many Mansions.”
4) The “universe” is actually a monumental university, whose size, breadth, depth and complexity is impossible to denote or describe via any written language, including all of the languages of earth. “Books” are the miniscule tiny mortally created imitations of pieces and parts of this UNIVERSE/ MULTIVERSE, which attempt to encapsulate individual intellectual grains of sand on this inexplicably huge cosmic beach, and hopefully thus preserve atomic parts and parcels of it.
5) No “book,” language, code, computer program, or library of all of these will ever be capable of encapsulating the entire compendium of Cosmic Knowledge. The Mind of God cannot be discerned or comprehended by mortal men and women, much less be accurately described, contained, or portrayed by same. Nonetheless there are those who do try.
6) All religion and philosophy is an attempt to escape this cosmic actuality described in #5.
7) Science, technology, anthropology, genetics, medicine and astronomy become null and void eventually, as decades and centuries pass, when their practice is not re-ignited by an inspired, Divinely indwelt practitioner. Another way of saying this is to state that a Godless man makes a much less brilliant scientist, over time, than a God knowing man. This will be proven again and again as the 21st century unfolds. Godless science will lead to global technological Fascism and worldwide spiritual despair.
The most monumental waste of time, effort, money, resources, and talent I can conceive of are contemporary efforts being made by inventors and scientists like Ray Kurzweil to imitate God by developing AI systems that they imagine might be “worship worthy” in decades to come. I have never seen a more replete example of the spiritual emptiness of a modern scientist than the man who believes he can imitate God by creating an artificial imitation of a Divinely indwelt human being, which he then believes to be somehow superior to himself. This I liken to a kind of cosmic ignorance bordering on insanity. If it weren’t so utterly tragic and pathetic it might possibly be laughable.
But it is no laughing matter than men like this are now perched on the “leading edge” of AI research, where they fully intend to act out the classical role of the blind leading the blind down the primrose path of Artificial Intelligence to it’s inherently disastrous end in decades to come.
The evolution of science and high technology has urgent important decisions to make in the next twenty years, among the most important being whether to utilize what is learned to enslave the human race, or to use it to liberate the everyday man. That is THE philosophical query which should be consuming every brilliant mind of science and invention during these early years of the 21st century.
Instead what seems to be consuming “the leaders of science and invention” is the notion that the biological functioning of the human body is actually comparable to “software” programs. That would be akin to comparing a tricycle to the space station, with the tricycle being the software program and the human body being more like the space station.
What science has yet to discover is that there is an intimate relationship between types and varieties of human and Divine DNA and the inherent capacity for a human being to comprehend advanced spiritual concepts. That explosive fact has fully escaped our brilliant leaders and thinkers. In every generation of humanity escalating wars are diminishing the human gene pool by huge chunks, taking the lives of vital young men before they can marry and bear young, leaving the rest of humanity with less and less desirable genetic material to work with, to breed from, for all future human generations to come. This horrific fact alone, is a justifiable reason to internationally OUTLAW acts of war which take human life and to enact severe punishments for the crime murder as well.
Instead the tide which I see rising is one of a renewed human savagery and blatant ignorant disregard for the sanctity of human life, where the everyday man [ even when he is still a boy ] now murders another before he is even capable of procreating, where murders are committed over the most trivial of incidents, where wars are waged with such reckless abandon and blood-lust that one wonders if this is a species which deserves to continue to exist on the cosmic panorama.
We don’t NEED to create artificial life forms which will then outlive us, overlord the species, and tell us how to live our lives. We need to cherish the lives we have been given and live them in a manner that pays tribute to our Creator, not shame the rest of our own species by living the most paltry, petty, and putrid human life possible.
If Ray Kurzweil would like to nanotize the interior of the human mind and body, and if he insists in pursuing this nano-Frankenstein science, then I have a suggestion for him. Build a nanobot which when injected into the bloodstream of a serial killer will instantly alter his genetic make-up such that the desire to kill, maim, torture, rape and murder will leave him, rendering him docile, lamb-like, and capable of existing placidly in a prison environment without having to be kept on isolation lockdown for 80% of the time. He is already spending his life in prison for his disregard for human life and his sociopathic incapacity to comprehend that killing another sentient being is both morally, socially and philosophically wrong. If you need human guinea pigs for your nano-experiments, use the prison population of hardened sociopaths and killers to play with. They have already proved their worthlessness to human society. They are now costing the states hundreds of millions of dollars annually to feed, house, and medicate.
Begin there and make the effort worth something. Use nanotechnology to solve immediate and overwhelming social, scientific, genetically inherited, dire issues of economic and moral concern which are affecting every state in the nation.
Sex offenders by the dozens are being let loose from prisons in Oregon, Nevada, and California because counties can no longer afford to house them. The crime rate is spiking due to this. Aim your efforts in that direction instead of building AI sex toys to play with.
Essay authored by Screenshot on October 24th 2013
“You and I are walking around with outdated software running in our bodies, which evolved in a very different era.” – Ray Kurzweil
October 21, 2013 | 10:07am
Google executive Ray Kurzweil takes 150 vitamins a day – the first step in his plan to cheat death.
The 65-year-old futurist and inventor, who is director of engineering at Google, is using a “bridge to a bridge to a bridge” system he says will enable him to live long enough to see a biotechnology revolution.
“I test myself on a regular basis, and it’s working,” Kurzweil told Maclean’s.
“All my measurements are in ideal ranges. I scan my arteries to see if I have plaque build-up, and I have no atherosclerosis. I come out younger on biological ageing tests. So far, so good.”
But he says this vitamin program is not designed to last for a long time.
“The goal is to get to bridge two: the biotechnology revolution, where we can reprogram biology away from disease,” Kurzweil said.
“Bridge three is to go beyond biology, to the nanotechnology revolution.”
Bridge three would see small robots – or nanobots – augmenting people’s immune systems.
“We can create an immune system that recognises all disease, and if a new disease emerged, it could be reprogrammed to deal with new pathogens.”
Kurzweil describes human biology as a “software process”.
“You and I are walking around with outdated software running in our bodies, which evolved in a very different era,” he said.
“We each have a fat insulin receptor gene that says, ‘Hold on to every calorie.’ That was a very good idea 10,000 years ago, when you worked all day to get a few calories; there were no refrigerators, so you stored them in your fat cells. I would like to tell my fat insulin receptor gene, ‘You don’t need to do that anymore.’”
And he says that extended life would not see people living like “a typical 95-year-old for hundreds of years”.
“The goal is not just to extend life. The idea is to stay healthy and vital, and not only to have life extension, but life expansion.”
Full length feature film: About 1 hour and 20 minutes –
- Ray Kurzweil takes 150 vitamins a day so he can ‘hold out long enough for invention of robots that will keep humans alive’ (thefreedomagenda.wordpress.com)
- Ray Kurzweil Says Technology Will Be Our Creative Partners (33rdsquare.com)
- Meet the Google executive who plans to cheat death: Ray Kurzweil takes 150 vitamins a day so he can ‘hold out long enough for invention of robots that will keep humans alive’ (elementulhuliganic.wordpress.com)
- Hansen: If Ray Kurzweil is right, the future is closer than we think (omaha.com)
- Ray Kurzweil (rletyar.wordpress.com)
- GOOGLE exec plans to ‘cheat death’… (dailymail.co.uk)
- Ray Kurzweil: The Nanotech Revolution will Bring Immortality (bigthink.com)
- Ray Kurzweil’s journey towards the end of dying (theverge.com)