Outrage grows around the nation over preposterous Texas verdict of rich teen’s”Affluenza” DUI defense:
Send this brat to jail. Do not allow him to “pass go.” Do not give him a “get out of jail free card due to ‘affluenza.’ Remove Texas judge Jean Boyd who allowed this death dealing road hazard boy-child to walk free.
There are moments in American society when I truly wonder what kind of madness has seized upon the minds of the men and women who sit as judges and jury in the halls of our criminal justice system. This story is guaranteed to make the reader so furious that you will need to take a walk in the snow to cool off and calm down. We all know that we are coping with living in an ever more lawless, less intelligent, less educated, less teachable idiocracy.
But when law enforcement and criminal justice itself descends into all-out idiocy, one wonders where this all goes next. I’m too stupefied right now by this story to repeat it, so I will just let the reader see what I am talking about below. I do have one thing to add. This boy will do this again. Since he has suffered absolutely NO legal consequences for killing these people, and driving with a blood alcohol level 3 times the legal limit, anyone who allows him to walk can expect to see him again in court within a year if not sooner, on similar offenses. Why should that even need to be said? it’s common sense.
You might be asking by now, what the hell is the Affluenza defense? Once again: be sitting down when you read this coverage.
“Prosecutors asked State District Judge Jean Boyd to impose a 20-year sentence. Yet, despite the severity of Couch’s crime, Boyd handed down a sentence of just 10 years probation and mandated that the 16-year-old receive therapy at a long-term, inpatient facility near Newport Beach, California.”
- Affluenza: New Defense in Drunk Driving Vehicular Homicide (guardianlv.com)
- Rich kid’s successful defense in DUI deaths:’Affluenza’ (jacksonville.com)
- Texas teen’s fatal DWI defense: ‘Affluenza’ (usatoday.com)
- ‘Affluenza’ defense: Rich teen gets probation after killing 4 in crash (jacksonville.com)
- Can you be too rich to go to prison? (wwlp.com)
- Affluenza Defense (ualbertalaw.typepad.com)
- Rich Teen Avoids Jail After Killing 4 in Drunk Driving Accident Because He Has ‘Affluenza’ (thestir.cafemom.com)
- Backlash grows over “rich kid” defense (outfront.blogs.cnn.com)
- ‘Affluenza’: Rich Teen Gets Light Sentence for Murder After Claiming He’s Not Used to Consequences (mediaite.com)
- “Affluenza” slammed as defense for wealthy Texas teen’s fatal DWI wreck (cbsnews.com)