I would have thought it would be common knowledge by now that if one wanted to hire someone, a company, a firm, an internet conglomerate, an association of internet experts, WHAT HAVE YOU, to build a state-of-the-art e-commerce portal, albeit it for the purchase of healthcare plans in this case, the place to go for that kind of technical and internet related expertise is CALIFORNIA.
California is only home to dozens of the very tippity-top internet companies in the world, including Google, Ebay, and Facebook for starters. The founder of WordPress also hails from California. There’s a reason that Mark Zuckerberg early on moved his infant company to Palo Alto California. That’s where all the best internet brains are percolating.
@EdMorrissey #tcot #Obamacare debut polling so badly we may be at start of #ObamacareDeathSpiral http://ow.ly/q480O
I love the Canadians just as much as the next American. I see and visit with traveling Canadians every summer out here on the Oregon coast. But by no means do I believe they are better web developers than Americans are. Those contracting dollars should have been kept right here at home.
Apparently it hadn’t dawned on the effete intellectuals of the Obama administration that America fairly RULES the internet in terms of technical and creative expertise in web design, IT applications, E-commerce portal development and more. And then there’s the issue of at least making an appearance that AMERICAN JOBS are important in all of this. American internet technology experts are among the best on earth. How sad that the Canadian built site had to fail, and in an EPIC manner, before Obama turned to our own best and brightest to try to fix it. What the hell?
A website that can easily handle 20 million visits a day should not have been too tall an order for a proficient web development team. Almost every large commercial site built today handles those kinds of numbers routinely.
And since the NSA hot shots are building a gargantuan DATA CENTER in Bluffdale Utah which is literally big enough to “mirror the entire internet” in it’s interior, why the hell didn’t the Obama people turn to their contractors to build the portal? It only made sense. According to the NSA’s own documents and press releases, the Bluffdale data center is an internet technological wonder in and of itself – paid for with our tax dollars, mind you. Didn’t their contractors have the skills to build the Obamacare portal as well?
I’d like to reiterate my initial doubts about the whole Obamacare behemoth, the same doubts I have had all along. Why should we believe that the federal government can run the American healthcare system better than private enterprise can? The floundering site is just one more bad omen for this program.
- Top techies called to rescue Obamacare sites (wnd.com)
- Another journalist joins the Obama administration (rare.us)
- MSNBC: Obama administration ‘outright lying’ about Obamacare enrollment numbers; government ‘in cris (canadafreepress.com)
- ObamaCare ER-OR: After Over Half a Billion Dollar Price Tag the “Best and Brightest” Techies Will be Paid to Fix It (theuniversalspectator.wordpress.com)
- Barnicle: Obama Administration Lying About Enrollment Numbers (freebeacon.com)
- ‘Best and brightest’ techies called in to fix Obamacare website (dailymail.co.uk)
- Obama Calls In Techies To Try And Fix His Troubled Obamacare Website (patdollard.com)
- Obamacare debacle (bostonherald.com)
- Obama, the Manager (nationalreview.com)
- Obamacare Website Programmers Complained About Unrealistic Deadlines (huffingtonpost.com)