So I now know that a Zombie Apocalypse is actually possible.
Today was the first time I had ever heard of “Krokodil” a lethal heroin-like drug which rots users’ skin and flesh. Here’s what I am learning. The first video below is a Russian documentary about Krokodil, the Russian word for “crocodile”. The drug was named thusly because it turns user’s skin a rotting scaly green color. WARNING: the first video is quite graphic.
Cited: “A homemade drug called Krokodil is gaining popularity in Siberia and its effects on users are horrific. Krokodil is Russian for Crocodile, because of the way addicts’ skin begins to get turn scaly, dry and eventually rot right off their bodies. Even most heroin users are frightened by Krokodil and want nothing to do with this terrifying drug.”
“The Most Horrifying Drug in the World Comes to the US,” said Time magazine. Mother Jones minced no words: “Zombie Apocalypse Drug Reaches US: This Is Not a Joke.”
- First cases of flesh-eating drug Krokodil surface in US (endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com)
- Krokodil attacks in Arizona (doubleplusundead.com)
- Flesh-Eating Designer Drug ‘Krokodil’ Reported in Arizona (newsy.com)
- Cheap Heroin Alternative Krokodil Eats Users’ Flesh From The Inside Out (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
- Flesh-rotting ‘krokodil’ drug emerges in USA (usatoday.com)
- Flesh-rotting ‘krokodil’ drug emerges in USA (ipresstv.wordpress.com)
- Skin-Rotting Street Drug ‘Krokodil’ Surfaces for First Time in U.S. (Graphic Content) (ktla.com)
- Zombie Apocalypse Drug Reaches US: This Is Not a Joke (Graphic Image) (motherjones.com)
- Krokodil, Flesh-Eating Drug, Makes First US Appearance; Causes Gangrenous, Scaly Green Skin (medicaldaily.com)
- Flesh-Eating Drug Krokodil Finally Shows Up in the US (gawker.com)